Your kitchen isn’t really about the appliances or the cupboards. It’s all about the countertops. Countertops are never overlooked, always in use and the first thing most people notice when they make their way into your kitchen.
If you really want to make your kitchen countertops stand out (and who doesn’t?), you’re going to want to go with natural stone.
Natural stone is considered the gold standard of kitchen countertops; it conveys class and culture. Natural stone countertops also give your kitchen character that can’t be duplicated. But like everything nice in life, you do need to know a thing or two about natural stone countertops if you want them looking their best all the time.
Here are five stone countertop tips to help ensure that your kitchen impresses today, tomorrow and for years to come:
- Match stone to your personality. Every all-natural stone countertop has its own personality. Granite is strong and sturdy. Marble is elegant. Soapstone is the venerable natural stone that adds gravitas and a touch of class. Choose the stone that best matches your personality and that of your home.
- Round the edges. Stone countertops with rounded edges don’t chip as easily as those that have squared edges. When you are choosing your design, consider having your natural stone countertop fabricator round the edges.
- Have a care. Even though natural stone countertops are extremely durable, you still need to take good care of them. Make sure to immediately wipe up any spills, especially the ones that include acidic liquids like wine and fruit juice. Doing so will help keep your countertops stain-free forever.
- Maintain them. One of the most overlooked stone countertop tips is this: Make sure to promptly repair any cracks or chips. If you don’t they could quickly spread and require complete countertop replacement. If you do notice a chip or crack, contact your St. Louis stone countertop fabricator immediately.
- Work with the pros. There are a lot of companies out there that say they have experience cutting, fabricating and installing natural stone countertops. But only the best of the best have proof of their track records of success. Before you commit to a stone countertop fabricator, do your homework. Visit their showrooms. Inspect their slabs. Ask for references.
And if you’re in the market for new countertops, contact the experts at Arch City Granite & Marble for a truly customer-focused experience. There truly is no substitute for proof of success.
Get Expert Advice
Talk to one of our experts and get answers to your questions without obligation.
St. Louis: 314-426-3100
O’Fallon, MO: 636-329-8400
Get Directions to Our Show Room