Soapstone Countertops Product Custom Fabricated and Installed
If you’re looking for countertops that offer richness and texture, soapstone is a material that offers both. Cool to the touch, soap stone counter tops are imperviousness to heat and are stain-resistant, adding to its natural beauty. It is a countertops product of choice for your high-end kitchen.
A soapstone countertop:
- Is comprised mostly talc and is the majority is quarried in Brazil, India and Finland, while there is also a big quarry of soapstone in central Virginia.
- Comes in three main colors: grey, black and green. Application of mineral oil enhances its color and texture, and conceals any of its imperfections.
- Is completely heat-resistant and food can be prepared directly over it. It is non-porous and does not need any sealing.
- Is comparable to high-end granites and ranges in price from $80 to $85 per square foot.
While soapstone countertops can be scratched more easily than harder granite countertops, these marks can be easily removed with regular sandpaper.
- We are Better Business Bureau A+ rated.
- You pay only for the portion of material you use. This makes our high-grade premium hand-picked granite more affordable for you.
- You can create your dream kitchen design online. Although we install granite for many applications, you can use our 3D Kitchen Visualizer tool to compare granite countertops with your kitchen colors so you have some good options to look at when you visit the showroom.
- Our modern technology makes installation faster.
- You can call or visit 2 close showroom locations. Get directions to our St. Louis or O’Fallon locations.
Soapstone mostly comes in three colors; grey, black, and green. Application of mineral oil enhances its color and texture and conceals any of its imperfections, like scratches.
Soapstone countertops are completely heat resistant and food can be prepared directly over it. It is non-porous and does not need any sealing. Soapstone prices are comparable to high end granites and range in price from $80 to $85 per square foot.
Soapstone can be scratched easily because it is comparatively a softer natural stone. Its hardness is around 2 on Mohs scale, whereas granite’s hardness is about 7. However, these scratches can be easily removed with regular sand paper