Update Your Home With Beautiful Countertops in Chesterfield
Chesterfield, Missouri near St. Louis, MO is known as the “city of volunteers” because of how much the residents help and care for each other. The whole vibe of Chesterfield, MO is a positive one and the city itself is an enjoyable and happy place. With many shopping districts, restaurants and arts and culture outlets, there is never a shortage of things to do. Sachs Butterfly House, for example, is a favorite among residents and tourists alike, and it is definitely a place you can find tranquility. If you would like to bring that same tranquility and zen to your home, updating your countertops is a perfect idea. There is no better way to beautify your home than by adding the look of stunning granite, marble, stone or quartz countertops to your home improvements projects. It refreshes and updates with one easy project. Arch City Granite & Marble Inc. will fabricate and install all the work and you get to enjoy the results!
Choosing the best type of stone countertops
Deciding what kind of countertops would go best with your indoor or outdoor kitchen is a difficult choice. Luckily, our showrooms have a spectacular selection so you can see in person exactly what each type of countertop would look like. Feeling and touching each surface gives you an idea of what to expect and seeing the colors and styles personally helps you visualize that material in your kitchen easier.
Bringing a photo of your kitchen so you can match the walls, flooring and cabinets is a good tip for picking what will look good. Memory only goes so far, so this way, you can hold the photo up to the actual stone and envision it better.
Selecting your Chesterfield, Missouri countertop with confidence
You might find it difficult to pick which type of countertop material suits your needs. Educating yourself about each type of stone will help you understand which best suits your needs and preferences. Here are a few examples:
- This type of countertop will always add value to your home and does not depreciate in value if kept in good condition. This one-of-a-kind natural surface is sanitary and does not harbor bacteria like other surfaces can. Because it is formed with heat and pressure, it can withstand the heat of hot hair tools and pans without any problem. Granite is easy to clean and can stay looking beautiful for decades. Keeping your granite countertops clean and in good condition does take some minimal work, but it usually just involves sealing the granite surface every year. The sealing process can be done professionally or by yourself with a store-bought granite sealer to keep the solid surface non-porous. Each piece of granite is a completely unique, and the granite colors and variety of veining and mottling details are endless. In addition to granite kitchen or bathroom counters, Arch City Granite also sells granite remnants in Illinois and Missouri that can be used for smaller projects.
Read more about granite countertops here.
As a timeless statement, marble adds elegance to any room. Although it is one of the softer stones and scratches easily, it does have other benefits that make it perfect for bathroom vanity tops, offices and fireplace surround.
If you’re looking to add a marble kitchen countertop, there are several important tips you should follow to keep your marble looking beautiful for years to come:
- If marble is used in a kitchen, a high-quality sealer is recommended to keep the porous surface from staining.
- While marble is typically excellent when it comes to heat and handles hot items well, it is still a good idea to use hot pads and coasters when setting hot items down on its surface.
- Avoid using acidic cleaners, as these can wear down the marble.
- Since marble tends to scratch easily, avoid storing pots and pans on its surface.
Read more about marble countertops here.
- Soapstone is a versatile type of countertop and goes with any decor. It is rock solid and resistant to scratches. If scratches do occur over time, they are easily sanded out. It is a nonporous material and requires no seal coat to keep it looking beautiful. It is completely heat resistant and withstands damage from any type of spills or acidic liquids. Very little maintenance is required, although some homeowners like to use mineral oil on their counters as it darkens the look over time, giving the soapstone a more rustic appearance. Soapstone does not come in as many shades as granite or quartz, but it is ideal for homes that embody rich, rustic hues. Because of its rarity, soapstone tends to be one of the more expensive choices for outfitting kitchens and bathrooms — but with proper care, it can add significant value and beauty to any home.
- In comparison to other stone countertops, quartz is relatively new but has gained popularity as an extremely durable and attractive countertop option. It is nonporous and does not require sealing. This low maintenance “engineered stone” is a perfect choice for a bathroom remodel or kitchen countertop installation, as it does not harbor bacteria. It is not as heat resistant as some countertop materials, so extra caution should be taken with hot pots and hair styling tools due to the small percentage of resin in the quartz mixture. Since quartz countertops are over 90% pure quartz, they typically do not require maintenance unless they have undergone prolonged exposure to heat. Quartz is incredibly scratch resistant and safe for cutting food.One of the biggest draws to quartz countertops is their versatility. Since Quartz countertops are “engineered countertops,” their colors and patterns are highly customizable. You can match your stone slab to your bathroom or kitchen cabinets making them a perfect choice for even the most unique home design themes.
Read more about quartz countertops here.
Your Trusted Source for the Best Chesterfield Countertops
For over a dozen years, Arch City Granite & Marble has been living out its founder’s legacy of excellent customer service and superior craftsmanship. We make sure our customers’ satisfaction is front and center in everything we do, and our 98.5% customer satisfaction rating is a testament to our employees’ dedication to making our customers’ dream kitchens and bathrooms come to life. In fact, a large portion of our customers are returning customers — and that means a lot to us!
Your home design ideas are as important to us as they are to you. That’s why we encourage current and future customers to come and visit our granite showroom, where we display a myriad of countertop designs and variations of granite, soapstone, quartz and marble. When you visit our showroom, you can also learn about our fabrication process and observe our highly-trained stone cutters work their magic into countertop fabrication on-site. There’s nothing quite as novel as seeing stone slabs transform into beautiful works of art right in front of you.
Arch City Granite & Marble, Inc. is excited about helping you choose the perfect look for your home or business. Our staff is professional, friendly and will guide you in your countertop decision. We pride ourselves in 100% satisfaction and in making your experience top notch. Call or stop by today!
Other Service Areas:
Fairview Heights IL
Glen Carbon IL