Stone surrounds create a natural, dramatic look surpassing tiles or bricks.
Our Arch City Granite & Marble team has been installing gorgeous granite, onyx, soapstone and marble fireplace surrounds in St. Louis for a decade—we can help you choose the stone, provide DIY surround ideas, or we can install your surround too.
Stone Fireplace Surrounds Ideas
We’ve helped to create countless beautiful fireplaces in St. Louis and beyond. We can customize surrounds ideas to fit your tastes and budget.
We have hundreds of stone slabs in stock, including marble, granite, onyx and soapstone, in hundreds of colors and patterns.
Consider a few of these potential ideas:
1. Match Your Fireplace Surrounds with Your Kitchen Countertops
Installing granite kitchen countertops? Use the remnants for surrounds.
This saves you money and your countertops and surrounds will match beautifully.
Of course, your granite surrounds and countertops don’t have to match exactly—it depends on your taste.
2. DIY Fireplace Surround Using Remnants from Our Showroom
If you have DIY experience with stone installation, just measure the area for your surround and visit our showroom.
We stock more than 100 colors of stone, including remnant granite and marble pieces left over from bigger projects.
This can save you a considerable amount of money if you don’t need to purchase a whole marble or granite slab—particularly if one of the more expensive colors (like Typhoon Bordeaux) catches your eye.
We can cut and fabricate pieces down to the size you need.
3. Granite Fireplace Surround with Stone Cladding
One popular trend with St. Louis homeowners is to surround a built-in gas fireplace with granite pieces, which are then surrounded, from floor to ceiling, with a contrasting color of stone cladding.
For example, consider dark Absolute Black or Pearl Black granite surround with a very light gray stone cladding all around.
4. Floor-to-Ceiling Stone Fireplace Surrounds
Consider floor-to-ceiling granite, onyx, marble or soapstone surrounds for a dramatic work of art in your home.
You may need to budget for one to three full stone slabs to get the effect you want, with mitered joints sending veins and swirls of color in different directions.
How Much Do Stone Fireplace Surrounds in St. Louis Cost?
- If you measure what you need for a simple surround and install it yourself, you can come pick out remnants or slabs in our showroom and we can cut and fabricate it to your needs. This generally costs $450-$650.
- Have our technician measure your design and our crew install the surround—$850-$1250
- Elaborate designs and large floor-to-ceiling surrounds with exotic stone colors and patterns can run much higher, however.
Visit our Arch City Granite & Marble showroom in St. Louis with your surround ideas and our team of stone experts can help you select the right stone for your fireplace and budget. Contact us today at 314-426-3100.