You have already spent the time looking through our vast selection of granite, marble, quartzite, or quartz countertops. You might have even watched your slab of stone transform into a countertop during our precision fabrication process. Now that you have the perfect countertop, which has the exact coloring scheme that you want for your kitchen, you might be wondering about installation. At Arch City Granite, we want you to have the information you need. Here are some of the things you can expect when the installers arrive to your door.
Before we get to the installation process, we should probably take a few steps back and list a few of the things you can do to make certain that installation occurs as smoothly as possible.
- Clear a Pathway: Whether you picked natural stone or a fabricated quartz countertop, one thing is the same; it is going to be heavy. It is super beneficial for there to be a clear pathway to your kitchen. Make certain to move any furniture, tables, or chairs out of the way.
- Watch The Kids: It is natural for kids to be curious. Out installation process is pretty neat and we encourage you and your family to watch the process unfold. However, when we are moving the large slabs of countertop into your home, make certain that your kids are not underfoot. We want you and your family to be safe.
- Ready and Steady: If you want us to remove your old countertop, you don’t have to read this step, because we will remove your old countertops for you. If you have decided to do it yourself, make certain that your old countertops have been removed before we arrive.
- Clean as a Whistle: We have seen homeowners try to cover the things in their drawers with towels, but they still get covered in a layer of dust. If you want to avoid this, remove your drawers from your cabinets. Once the installation is complete, all you need to do is put your drawers back in and your stuff won’t get covered in any that construction dust.
- Leveled: The very first thing we do is make certain your countertops are level. We have a lot of different tools that we can use to shore up any low spots. Having level countertops is extremely important, because being level means they will last.
- Piece by Piece: Depending on the size of your counter space, your new countertops could come in more than one slab. We fit all the slabs together. Using special adhesives, we glue your countertops down and glue them together. Our installers will make certain that the seams are smooth and fit together perfectly.
- Edges: Once the main slabs are installed, we move onto the trim and edges. The edge profile you selected for fabrication is installed and sanded down so that it fits perfectly. We make certain that there aren’t any sharp corners of jagged edges.
- Sealed: When everything has been installed, we use our special sealer to keep your countertops looking their best. The sealant will protect your countertops from anything that might want to seep in and alter the color. Now you can enjoy your countertops and with proper care, they will last a lifetime.
Arch City Granite
With Arch City Granite, you get the best in countertops. We understand the importance of providing great customer service. We want to help you get the right answers to make your decisions easier. If you have questions, we can help you get the right information. For quality countertops that will transform your kitchen, Arch City Granite has the selection you need.