Sometimes you want something different. Steak rather than chicken, lemonade rather than a beer, quartz countertops rather than granite.
For years, granite has been the most popular choice for people looking to top their counters with a material that is both durable and visually appealing. But lately, some people have been looking for an alternative that offers the same durability and aesthetic appeal but looks a little different.
If you want to differentiate your kitchen from those of all your friends, family and neighbors who have chosen granite, consider installing quartz countertops.
Here are five things you need to know about using quartz as a countertop material:
- Its cost is similar to granite. Quartz and granite cost about the same, so you won’t be breaking the bank to get a different look.
- It is stain resistant. Quartz isn’t technically an all-natural stone. It’s actually made up of 93 percent natural quartz and 7 percent resin. The result is a material that is 100 percent stain resistant.
- You’ll never need to seal it. Quartz countertops are non-porous, meaning they do not absorb liquids and sealing them is unnecessary. All you need to keep them looking great is some soap, some water and a soft washcloth.
- It is incredibly durable. If your kitchen sees a lot of action, quartz might be the right material for you. It does not scratch, it doesn’t stain and it holds up well to the everyday use that comes with a busy family.
- It can be an environmentally friendly option. If you care about the environment, quartz countertops can be a very responsible choice. Many manufacturers make a quartz material that includes some recycled material. And like granite, marble and soapstone, quartz will last a lifetime and beyond. You won’t have to worry about replacing it with another material–unless you want to do so.
If you would like to learn more about quartz and how you can integrate it into your kitchen, contact the kitchen countertop experts at Arch City Granite & Marble. They have helped countless people just like you design kitchens that stand out from all the others in the neighborhood.
Get Expert Advice
Talk to one of our experts and get answers to your questions without obligation.
St. Louis: 314-426-3100
O’Fallon, MO: 636-329-8400
Get Directions to Our Show Room