At Arch City Granite, we create beautiful granite countertops that are custom cut, delivered, and installed. We can transform any kitchen, bathroom, or laundry room into a room of splendor once our countertops are installed.
Throughout the fabrication process, we take large slabs of granite and cut them down to fit the computer aided measurements. The cutting process means that there are left over sections of granite that we call remnants. These remnants include small pieces and even some sink cutouts. Our granite remnants come in all shapes and sizes and you can purchase them for a discounted price. That means you can get some of the most amazing granite slabs for use around your home for a fraction of the cost. You can come to our St. Louis showroom to see our selection of granite remnants. In order to start your mind processing on the many uses of our remnant granite pieces, here are a few ideas to get you started.
The Many uses of Granite Remnants
- Perfect Patio: If you are planning on putting in a patio, you have probably spent some time looking at options such as paver stones or a cement slab. A few people decided that they wanted a more elegant looking patio and so they came to us. They grabbed up a ton of our granite remnants and created a jig saw patio. It was filled with all the different colors of our granite and all the pieces were different sizes. The amazing look was made for a perfect patio.
- Furniture: Another popular use if our granite slabs is for topping furniture. If you have a bookcase, desk, or dresser that could use an amazing, eye-stopping top piece, grab some measurements and come on down to our shop. Imagine the look of your cherry wood bookcase with a black granite top piece. Or, the elegant look of your dark wood office desk topped with brilliant white granite. Our remnant granite pieces are perfect for modifications to your furniture. All you need to do is get the measurements and visit us. For an additional fee, we can cut the piece of granite down to your measurements and you walk home with a way to instantly beautify any room in your home.
- Shelving: If you need some shelving in your laundry room that won’t warp if you spill a bit of water or liquid cleaner, you can create beautiful shelves with from a few pieces of granite. You can either have the same color for every shelf, or alternate colors. If you create a shelf in your living room, it will be the perfect accent place for family pictures.
- Accent Rock in the Yard: Sometimes, all your yard needs is a splash of colored granite. If you have an idea for an outdoor bench, or just a specific rough cut granite slab, we can help you out. Imagine a few choicely placed slabs of red granite in a flower bed surrounded by green grass. Your yard will quickly become the talk of your neighbors. You could even create a pathway of granite stepping stones that were cutouts from sinks.
- Flowerbed Boarders: Instead of having just a few accent slabs of granite, we have had some customers come in and get enough granite pieces to make borders around their flowerbeds. The numerous colors of granite make the outside of your flowerbed look like they are perpetually in bloom. The sheer variety of our granite selection will transform and border, into something that catches the eye and takes your breath away.
- Cheese and Bread Slabs: Interestingly enough, we have quite a few customers that come in looking for granite remnants that they can transform into a cheese or bread tray. With the right color of granite, you can offset the color of the cheeses you want to display. We have even had bakers come in to select remnants of granite, because they like the way it makes their freshly baked bread cool. Some confectioners even swear that a granite remnant is perfect for making the chocolate of their favorite chocolatey treats harden and set up perfectly.
- Window Sills: This is another popular use of our granite remnants. Depending on the coloring scheme of the specific room, customers will come in to get pieces of granite for their window sills. Granite is extremely durable and its use as a window sill will help protect the area around your windows from any condensation that forms on your windows.
- Bathroom Remodels: We get new granite remnants whenever anyone orders a custom countertop, so check back often if you are looking for specific colors for your small bathroom countertops. Maybe you are putting new tile in your shower, and you need a perfect slab of granite to use as the shower seat. In order to match the perfect colors, bring a piece of your tile into our facility and you can look through our granite remnants to find the perfect matching or contrasting color. Every time you step into your shower and see that fabulous granite seat, a smile will come to your face.
- Small Islands in Walk-in Closets: Remnant pieces of granite can be used to make nice island tops in walk-in closets. You may be lucky to find a piece of exotic stone, that may be super expensive otherwise.
- Fireplace Surrounds: Most fireplace surrounds can be managed with remnant granite pieces. It is not uncommon to find very exclusive colors of stone in smaller pieces, which otherwise may not be in the budget.
Plenty of Other Amazing Things
Do you have nice wood furniture, but you are terrified of drink rings forming? Instead of having standard cork coasters, why not create a few from our granite remnants. You can have a wide variety of different colors that will go perfectly with your home décor. We have had people create lamps, clocks, water fountains, fire pit stones, fireplace accents, pathways, paper weights, stress relief granite stones balls, even plaques for laser cut engravings. There are hundreds of ways and things to create with our granite remnants. If you have an idea, come down to Arch City Granite and view our wide selection of remnants. We can help you find the right stone and get the right cut.