As you are looking around our show room at Arch City Granite, you will encounter a wide selection of quartz countertops. Immediately you will see the beauty that a quartz countertop can provide for your kitchen. Quartz is durable, while maintaining a sense of luxury. Like granite, quartz is made to last a long time. If quartz is on your list of potential countertops for your kitchen, here is a bit more information that will help you understand why it is so amazing.
Why Quartz for my Kitchen?
First off, quartz is unique. Unlike marble, granite or other natural stone, quartz is engineered. Quartz is still made from natural stone. In fact, it consists of over 90 percent natural quartz crystals. The crushed quartz is mixed with unique dyes and resins. The material then goes through the manufacturing process where it is heated, compressed and allowed to cure. What is left is an eye catching countertops that can come in hundreds of different colors. That is one of main benefits of quartz. You will find it in more color variations than any other stone countertop product.
- Family needs: Quartz is an exceptionally durable material. If you have a children or grandchildren running around your home, then you will appreciate the durability of quartz. It can handle almost anything without being scratched or chipped. Quartz will take away any worry of what children, and some adults, can dish out. Your quartz countertop will eliminate any worries of scratches, chips and even stains.
- Maintenance concerns: Quartz countertops are not porous and therefore do not need to be sealed. While sealing a natural stone is not overtly time consuming or difficult, there is no need to worry about it with quartz. If spills are not addressed right away, no problem. Most household cleaners are also approved to use on quartz countertops. You will not have to find a special cleaner to maintain it.
- Finding the Right Color: When looking for the right quartz for your kitchen, be sure to bring a sample home. You can bring pictures of your kitchen, but it will be difficult to really get a feel for the product until you can see how it fits. Once you have narrowed down your options, bring a few samples home and see how they look. Remember that you will have different amounts of light at different times of the day, so it is a good idea to look at the sample pieces and see how they interact with your kitchen theme under different lighting conditions.
- The Price is Right: Quartz is comparable in price to many different types of granite, but like all stone countertops prices will vary. With quartz, the higher priced materials contain less resin and more quartz. The best way to find the right price is to come to Arch City Granite and peruse our large inventory. We are dedicated to helping you find the countertop that meets all of your expectations, both esthetically and functionally.
- Things to Know: While quartz is highly durable, you will want to avoid setting hot pots or pans down on the surface. The resin in the countertop can yellow at high temperatures. The best way to avoid damaging your quartz is to use hot pads or metal trivets. This will keep the heat off the surface and protect your new countertops.
Arch City Granite
Quartz is a great fit for any kitchen and you can find a wide selection at Arch City Granite. While visiting any of our locations, feel free to ask questions. Our knowledgeable staff is happy to help you make the right choice for your home and family. We work diligently to provide you with a superior product and the highest level of customer service. If quartz countertops are your goal, look no further than the experts at Arch City Granite & Marble.