When you go to the Museum of Transportation near Chesterfield, you can see the evolution of transportation. From trains and planes to automobiles, you will be able to see how transportation has changed over time. If you want to see a revolution in the overall look and feel of your kitchen, well, countertops have evolved. You might be tired of looking at your laminate covered particle board countertops. When it is time for a change, and you are looking for something that will increase aesthetics and your overall kitchen appeal, you might want to look into going with a quartz countertop from our Chesterfield location. At Arch City Granite, we have the selection, so you can find the right countertops for your kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, or any other location in your home that needs a new stunning countertop.
Why a Quartz Countertop Might be Right for You
When you are looking for a countertop, there are a lot of different types of stone to choose from. You might prefer the cool elegance of marble, or the durability of granite, but if you are considering a quartz countertop, here are some of the details you need to know.
- First off, quartz does not come from a big slab of natural rock like marble or granite. Quartz is an engineered countertop. The main source material for a quartz countertop is quartz. Most quartz countertops are made up of nearly 93% quartz. The remaining 7% is a special resin that holds the quartz together. If you think that because it is engineered it means that there is a lack in durability, think again. Quartz has the same hardness as granite and you will find that a quartz countertop has a lot of the same durability standards as granite.
- Because quartz countertops are engineered, you will find that there are more colors and patterns available in quartz over any other stone countertop surface. If you have a specific color you want for your kitchen, you will be able to find it in quartz. Quartz can be manufactured to look like granite, and even marble.
- In order to rank the hardness of geological materials, geologists use the Mohs hardness scale. On the Mohs hardness scale, quartz ranks out at a 7. The granite used in countertops has the same hardness. Diamonds are the top of the scale at a 10, while marble can be anywhere from a three to a five. However, since quartz has that resin, you will not be able to set hot things down on the surface. High heat can burn the resin and ruin your quartz countertop. If you take something hot out of the oven to set on your Chesterfield quartz countertop, make certain you use a hot pad or a metal trivet.
- Quartz countertops range in cost because of the difference in source material. Most times, you will find that the price is comparable to that of a granite countertop.
Arch City Granite
When you are in the market for a quartz countertop, we have the selection you need. Arch City Granite is your source for quartz countertops in Chesterfield. You can ask our friendly customer service for advice, or come into our showroom with a color sample and look through our wide selection. At Arch City Granite, you will find the countertop that will add beauty to your home and a courteous customer service staff that will be able to answer your questions.