Have you ever heard the saying that a kitchen is the heart of the home? If your kitchen has worn out countertops, it might be time to give your kitchen a bit of tender loving care. Nothing will make your kitchen come alive better than new granite countertops. Imagine the new look of your home with beautiful natural stone. The heart of your home will get the transplant it needs. If you have questions about granite, we understand. At Arch City Granite we want you to have the information you need to make the right decisions. If you are looking to install a Chesterfield granite countertop in your home, here are the answers to some of our most common questions.
Answers to Questions
- Will granite improve the value of my home? Usually, the answer is yes. You get more bang for your buck with home improvements in your kitchen. On average you will get at least 80% back if you decide to sell your home. In addition, homes with granite countertops usually sell faster than homes without.
- Will I ruin my granite with a hot pan? Granite can withstand temperatures up to 1,650 degrees. Since your oven can only reach temperatures of 500 degrees, your granite countertops will be safe from anything your oven can dish out.
- Can I scratch my countertops? If you are determined, you can scratch granite. Still though, granite is extremely durable. It is resistant to scratching, but we still recommend that you use a cutting board to keep your countertop looking its best.
- How do I decide on the right color? First off, avoid relying on a picture. The coloring on your cellphone might not give you the picture you need. We suggest bringing in a part of your cabinets, like one of the doors. You will be able to see how well the coloring works.
- Should I go with light or dark granite? It all depends on lighting and space. Dark colors make things seem smaller, while light colors make areas appear larger. If you have a small kitchen, you can still have dark countertops if there is a lot of natural light. The extra light will add the space and the dark granite countertop in the sunshine will look amazing.
Arch City Granite
Our Chesterfield granite countertop fabrication and installation will give you the kitchen of your dreams. We use precision measuring instruments to make certain we are getting the best fit during installation. Not only is our fabrication process amazing, you get to look through our wide selection of different granite countertops. We have a large variety of colors and patterns in large slabs of natural stone. When you want the best Chesterfield Granite countertops, come to Arch City Granite.