From floor to ceiling and everything in between, kitchens are the best places to cook, converse, celebrate and enjoy a libation with friends. Environmentally friendly materials have been combined with venerable, natural stone countertops and the latest technological tools to create kitchens that are as comfortable as they are convenient.
Here’s a look at five kitchen designs that are currently trending in homes across the nation:
- The floor is the building block on which all great kitchens are built. Increasingly, people are turning to natural, environmentally friendly flooring materials, such as floating, wide-plank natural wood. Not only is this made from environmentally safe materials, such as bamboo, but it feels great underfoot.
- Today’s kitchen cabinets are nothing like your grandmother’s. Gone are the stilted structures that required a mathematician’s mind to store away everything. They’ve been replaced by convenient storage areas that are more functional than ever, as well as hydraulics, rolling and fold-up features and buttons that allow you to open and close them with a single finger. The result is customized cabinets that are easier to access, meaning you can stay focused on preparing food.
- Once people figured out how easy it was to keep their recipes on their iPads, it was only a matter of time before technology infiltrated all of the other kitchen appliances. High-tech, environmentally friendly dishwashers, televisions built specifically for the kitchen and automation abound in many of today’s newly built kitchens.
- Of course, a kitchen is only as good as its countertops, and one trend that doesn’t seem to be going away any time soon is expansive natural stone countertops. People fell in love with the way granite, soapstone and marble look, as well as how incredibly durable these materials are. Even quartz, which isn’t technically a natural stone, is growing in popularity. Yes, natural stone countertops and back-splashes are still trending in the kitchen.
- Where once kitchen lights were functional and forgotten, they’re now functional and fantastic. People are choosing fixtures that fit their personalities, from big and bold to the excitedly elegant. There are more well-lit kitchens with illuminating personalities in and around St. Louis than ever before.
If you need help designing your dream kitchen, contact the experts at Arch City Granite & Marble, Inc. to get started on your project today.
Get Expert Advice
Talk to one of our experts and get answers to your questions without obligation.
St. Louis: 314-426-3100
O’Fallon, MO: 636-329-8400
Get Directions to Our Show Room