One of the best ways to get a bit of exercise for the whole family is to participate in the 5k Turkey Dash at the Rotary Park in Wentzville. While running, you will be able to enjoy the Holiday Night Light Display. You and your family can be one of the first to see the lights set up. There is something simple and beautiful about Christmas lights. The same can be said about a marble countertop. The cool surface, mixed with the different layers of deep veining is stunning to any eye.
If you are looking to increase the aesthetics and appeal of your kitchen or bathroom, you cannot go wrong with marble. At Arch City Granite, we want to provide you with the details you need to understand the differences in countertop materials. We want to make your countertop buying experience easy, relaxed and enjoyable. With Arch City Granite, you will get the countertop you want. If you are thinking about installing a marble countertop in Wentzville, here are a few things you need to know.
What you should know about Marble
- The Cost:
- When people think about marble, they immediately see price tags. This is not always the case. The price is very determinate on the type of marble you choose. For instance, Carrara marble is easy to find and therefore, the price is quite affordable. You will find that it can often cost less than granite. If you decide to go with other varieties that are rarer, you will end up spending more money. The rarer the marble the more it is going to cost you.
- Be Prepared for Scratches:
- Marble is softer than other types of natural stone. It will scratch. If you have obsessive compulsive tendencies, you might want to go with a different surface. Still though, the scratches are hard to notice and with a little care you can reduce the risk. For instance, never cut anything on the surface. Use a cutting board. Make certain to use soft, hot pads when putting anything on your marble countertop. Be aware of any jewelry and especially a belt buckle if you ever decide to lean up against your marble. You can reduce the risk of seeing scratches if you have your marble honed. The honing gives it a matted texture and helps hide any scratches.
- You have probably heard that marble can stain, and you are certainly right. Marble is porous. If you spill red wine, or your children forget to clean up after eating watermelon, it is possible that you will notice a reddish stain to your beautiful white marble. If you feel like you are about to panic, don’t. Marble is very easy to clean. If you do encounter a stain, grab some backing soda and make a paste by mixing in some water. Leave the baking soda paste on the stain overnight. Usually, the stain will be lifted up out of the stone. Marble is easy to clean. You don’t need to buy special cleaners. All you need is a soft kitchen rag and a light mixture of soap and water.
- Heat Resistant:
- Marble surfaces draw heat away. Bakers swear by marble. Still though, since marble can be scratched, you will still want to avoid setting pots and pans directly on the surface. Always use a hot pad.
- There is a lot of calcium is the structure of marble and it reacts to acids. Prolonged exposure to an acidic substance can etch the surface. You can avoid this by using a butchers block for lemons and by cleaning up any after spills.
Arch City Granite
If you are looking for marble countertops in Wentzville, you know that you are getting the best with Arch City Granite. Our production team is headed by a dedicated manager with a master’s degree in mechanical engineering. You can even come down to our show room and observe the fabrication process where we transform slabs of natural stone into pristine countertops. Arch City Granite has the selection you need ant the prices you want.